Monday, August 15, 2011

AU

Part of the 2011 Prospektus. First completed state. I still need to add veins of gold to the stone structure. I hope it won't take away from the design/structural integrity but it relates to the gold used to construct the castle and references the material engagement of man and how he uses the materials for his own lofty means ignoring the effects on the frailty of the surrounding nature.
For years I have fantasized a vectorized drawing system that could be added into my handmade drawings that was built of pre-existing parts. Like a side-scrolling video game or Lego it can be quickly edited, copied, rotated, added to, and scaled to fit in with anything upon which I am working. I finally turned that fantasy into a real system and found it quite satisfactory to build a castle with it to add to the hand-drawn portion of this piece, from which I believe it does no detract but only compliments.

2 comments:

Aeron said...

I love the concept, sort of makes me imagine demons ripping a church out of the ground and flipping it upside down so all of the crucifixes are upside down inside it, turning the half destroyed building into some sort of ruined satanic lair.

Chad Verrill said...

That would be a great end-stage in an RPG.