Friday, May 19, 2017

Re-working Childhood Drawings

Some time in 1975, I create the "book" U.F.O. Shark and Squid. Well, pieces of lined notebook paper stapled together with apparently some attempt at a plot or theme for the first few pages. Been going through some of the drawings with the intent of re-creating some of them. I was going to re-create the entire book, but some of the drawings have absolutely stumped me. I don't remember what the heck I was trying to depict in many of my drawings, and this one is no exception. I can identify Ultraman and the Science Patrol members, as well as their space/aircraft...there IS a U.F.O. that appears on a few pages....Cathedral Head was a monster I came up with.....don't know what that round thing with the spot is. It looks like the character in the lower left is holding a huge machine up, but that's a house with windows in the background. I hadn't exactly grasped perspective yet.
1975: Ultraman fights Cathedral Head, felt-tip pen

2017: Rework in felt-tip pen with Photoshop white highlighting.

No comments: