Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Taste Of Water



Currently working on a nice assignment: a page for a collection of comic summaries (adaptations) of Dutch films. Some old, some recent. It wild be a sort of coffee table book-like compendium. Last year we had a similar thing on Dutch literature, which was quite succesful. So it's nice to be in this boat.
Anyway, I picked De Smaak van Water/The Taste Of Water (1982) by Orlow Seunke. It is not a widely known film although it got quite some recognition and awards when it came out. It was inspired by a story by the Hungarian writer György Konrad. It is a touching small story about a once-cynical social worker who starts caring for a severely neglected child. I liked it then and I like it now. Don't know if this page does it justice. The final version of it will be in full colour.

2 comments:

alkbazz said...

Great! So nice to see something completely different from your usual work, reminds me stuff i've seen in old zone5300 zines
Uh, but don't know about this movie !

Marcel Ruijters said...

Thanks. It was about time I took a break although the Middle Ages are far from over for me. This page still needs colouring.