Wednesday, December 01, 2010




Two more covers of sketchbooks. The one at the top is recent, the one one the bottom was done while working on my adaptation of Dante's Inferno (the book, not the... game). Giovanni di Paolo (15th century) was one of my main inspirations, but I guess there is also some of Basil Wolverton in there.
Usually, I don't mind my books getting a bit dirty while in use, but I have recently been asked to send sketches for a rather prestigious publication, so I could not resist tidying them up. I had just bought some new acrylic colours anyway.

5 comments:

Kapreles said...

kewl. especially the second one.

Human Mollusk said...

I agree, both are great but for some reason the second one strikes me as particularly awesome.

Marcel Ruijters said...

Thanks guys! I guess I owe it to Benito Jacovitti (yet another Italian influence).

crippaXXXalmqvist said...

wow!, 2 veeery fxxkin' nice covers for y'r books you made there!

Aeron said...

Really great monsters, Marcel. I can't wait to see what you do with Dante's Inferno!