Friday, June 08, 2012

Party in my mouth


This will be a banner of 5 meters wide and about 7 high, for the BUT film festival which will take place in September in the centre of Breda, Holland. (Hello Fufu!) The theme of the festival is "the apocalyps". Of course, I will add colour, as I was told it won't make a difference, financially. 
The title of this piece is "There is a party in my mouth and everybody is throwing up",  a line that I swiped from Futurama. Does anyone know proper Latin? My guess is that it would translate as : Epularum in boccam meam est et omni vomitent. But I am not sure, I never had Latin at school. I just dabble with it.


5 comments:

Dieter VDO said...

Wow! Great design, Marcel!
Will make an awesome banner.

alkbazz said...

I'm not latinist, but did you tried google ? It gives "Pars est in ore meo et nemo misit" or "Pars est in ore omnium iacerent" while your latin sentence is translated by crypted stuff "There is a part of all lay in the mouth"

Marcel Ruijters said...

Google translations are no good, I'm affraid...

alkbazz said...

mmh, depends, could be a tool.. Well, I check my paper dictionnary, i'm not sure about your terminaison. As Epularum means the meal, the feast by itself, while Epulatio/Epulationis means the action of having a feast, to be involved in. And Epulator/oris is the one who participate to the feast.
Boccam is a mouthful, a bite, then I would prefer os/oris for the mouth. I couldn't find vomitent ending. And Omnium mostly refer to things, not peoples.

so I suggest something like that, without certainty of course :

Epulatoris sunt in os meum et quisque vomitoris

Marcel Ruijters said...

Maybe I should ask someone who knows Latin before this turns into a Monty Pythonesque dialogue... Thanks anyway!