Thursday, August 07, 2008

A Floating Demon

Here's something I painted sometime last year, the original is around 5 x 4 inches so you're looking at it in great detail. This is one of a few dozen tiny paintings I made that I still need to go back in and tweak before I put them on sale. I'm going to work in a purple blue into the fur of this creature to make some shading effects for depth. I was inspired by some of the more simplified painting compositions of illuminated manuscript artworks for these.

3 comments:

Paleo said...

the skin's so lustrous, looks like oil half the way into becoming scales, and love the square eye!

Aeron said...

If I were to do this one over I'd have placed some sort of alchemical bottle into the road from which the demon is spilling out of like a cloud.

Aeron said...

I'll have to do that in another painting.