Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SPARE PARTS

I have been putting off an update for a long time. I have been pretty busy in general..moving,working on a very large piece(due soon). Here are two new things..both hopefully going to a solo exhibit which is supposedly going to take place in October. We will see what happens....

The first piece is on a white heavy record sleeve that I found while cleaning. Kind of a combination of marker/acrylic paint/pencil/ink..even a little bit of colored pencil. Inspired by a Jack Vance book cover,an elvish bucktoothed loner in a trashy park.
-matt

3 comments:

Aeron said...

Interesting stuff, love those stretched out eyeballs in the lower pic. Those two large heads above with the musculature revealed reminds me of some old Japanese, or maybe it was Chinese, anatomical drawings of people that had a cool stylized but anatomically correct appearance.

professors of metal said...

Thanks..yeah they are Japanese I think.

Uland said...

I love Jack Vance, by the way.He seemed to get swept under the rug for a while when the 60s/70s "New Wave" scifi came about. I like lots of that stuff too, but Vance has this great, classic feel.
I really like THE BLUE WORLD, THE DRAGON MASTERS and that newer collection of his shorts called THE DYING EARTH is really great.