Sunday, April 13, 2008

Behold the Pig, Goblin, Winged... Thing!


I drew this when I was around 8 or 9 years old. I don't have much art from before my teens so it's nice to have stuff like this that's really old. I'm always amused that stuff I was doing so far back is EXACTLY what I'm still going for, heh.

I'm hoping to track down this weird little mini art book I did when I was in gradeschool of witches, goblins and some sort of furry demon thing that I stapled together. If I find that I'll post it here. It's around 6 pages long and about 4 x 4 inches.

9 comments:

Robert Adam Gilmour said...

I wish I had this kind of consistency throughout my life. I really wish I still had my age 4-8 drawings.

SEAN said...

ha ha. that's wild, you're doing the same thing still!

Matthew Allison said...

It would be cool for you to do an updated version of that same creature using the exact pose.

Paleo said...

you were born medieval.

One of these days we have to get you funds to build a cathedral of your own devising,imagine the gargoyles and the stained glass windows, i'll fuckin convert!

pickledpunk said...

Nice monster! The wing is definitely a nice touch. Great teeth too. That mini monster art book sounds very interesting. Good luck finding it...

Aeron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aeron said...

Speaking of monsters and youth, I have a picture around somewhere of me at the Indianapolis Children's Museum in the 80's standing on a rail and smiling like an idiot in front of a gigantic life size realistic sculpture of a T-Rex, if I find it I'll post it in some future vintage drawing related post.

Anyway, yeah my brain is hardwired for medieval abominations! ha

Aeron said...

Also, I just realized a pretty cool visual trick I pulled off in this drawing.. They look like senseless line scribbles but the pattern of lines in the background are supposed to be mountains or hills overlapping each other, with the furthest to the front of the composition underlapping the monster thing, created some amount of actual space in this otherwise flat childhood doodle.

zeke said...

It'd be great to see more kiddie drawings from other duckers if anyone's got any?