Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Like wow man, that makes me think of Karma.

I got a bit into making pixel pictures years ago, but never did much with them because they were just sitting on the computer in the electric garbage heap. So, i was digging through the real world garbage heap that is my studio (the size of a large walk-in closet) & found an old graph paper pad & decided to mess around with some square drawings. Here are the messes. One of them is what a Cthulhu temple would look like in ZAXXON, & the other is a secret level from REALM OF IMPOSSIBILITY. I'm totally influenced by Commodore 64 games & other 80s cultural trash. That's part of what this whole new BANANARCHY series is about, growing up post-real culture with these very tribal, primal instincts about putting together the culture & using whatever was lying about. REALM OF IMPOSSIBILITY felt bizarrely spiritual at the time, in fact, alot of those early video games were like some kind of transcendent experiences when i was a kid, i could feel my brain phasing in & out of the blocky, color filled murk of ELECTRO SPACE. Oh, also, i've decided to start doing posts just for EATEN BY DUCKS & not cross-posting them, because i do enough work to fill it & the way this blog is going to pick up & roll is if we make it do that with exclusive content.

square land

impossible geometry

mask

3 comments:

Mostyn said...

I love, I mean LUUUUUUUUUUUUUV grid paper. I really like drawing on it. I still have to send you some $ for your zines. Sooooon.

Human Mollusk said...

Awesome stuff, Sean, just like your last post, which - shame on me - I forgot to comment on. I really dig the totem-like characters.

Aeron said...

Awesome colors, the face in the bottom pic looks like a vampire peewee herman!