Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Invertebrate


Greetings friends! I've been digging all the recent art posts here!! Anyways... Here's a Lovecraftian monster. At least I recall having an HPL type creature in mind when I did this. It's about 15" x 11." An ink drawing that I painted with watercolors. I didn't plan this properly and used thin paper, so there was some annoying wrinkling. This is another older work. I hate to tell what year it's from. I am planning on posting some new new work, but I have tons of old stuff that's never seen the light of day, I'm just now getting around to scanning it. I do have some new 3-D stuff, mini pickled punks and such, that I hope to display soon. Gotta take pics first though...

6 comments:

Jerom said...

Original lovecraftian watercolour: this monster seems very flat!

Human Mollusk said...

Really cool organic structures in the top half! The lower part has some Escher-esque weirdness going on. The pseudopod on the far right is closest to the viewer, even though it should be the in the way back, judging from the way they're aligned on the body... - deliberate?

pickledpunk said...

Thanks for the comments! Ehhh...It was probably accidental. It started out as a doodle, with weird creaturely ambiguousness in mind. Maybe that accounts for the cartoon-like flatness. The idea of possibly making a complete organism, standing in an environment and adding color came later...

Aeron said...

Fantastic abstract monstrosity, next time you do something like this you might think to include something in the foreground to give a sense of scale like trees, car, person, what have you. I could see this think using a tentacle to lift up a car with bodies falling out screaming.

Really great textures in this one.

Robert Adam Gilmour said...

That looks like really good weather. He looks like he's enjoying the sun.

Paleo said...

the thing seems to be eaten by his own brute force, well done!