Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monster Buttons




Greetings folks! It’s been quite awhile since I posted on EBD, although I have been checking the blog from time to time. In any case, I figured I’d get it in gear and post some art on a consistant basis. Anyways, one thing I’ve been working on is monster pinbacks. I recently picked up a 1-inch badge making machine. I haven’t been going totally apeshit making buttons but I have been making lots as well as thinking about new designs and ways to do them. These monster faces are my newest set. They were drawn to size, scanned, then filled in with color on photoshop...

4 comments:

mostyn said...

wowza! I have been wanting a button maker for some time. Where did you get yours and how much? Can these pins be purchased? Great to have you posting again.

pickledpunk said...

Hey thanks Mostyn! I got it on ebay from a button machine seller. It was around 260 bucks I think. But that included the machine as well as a hand held circle punch and enough parts to make 1000 buttons. Shipping was extra though. And its a 1” button maker. Tecre is the make. Made in the US too I think. It’s a pretty nice gadget. I do sell the buttons but I might be up for tradin. There should be a link on my Blogger profile page to my online shop where I sell this crap. I got other monster button sets too.

Paleo said...

Gnarly buttons!

And i'm probably talking waaay out of my ass here, but given you got the machine, have you thought of doing paintings with buttons? like scales on a Seurat dragon, maybe you could use the buttons to make a bigger image?

It may be fun.

Aeron said...

Great idea, David! I could see one huge monster face made of a bunch of smaller monster face buttons!

Anyway, Cool monster heads! And the circular format reminds me of Madballs, which is never a bad thing!