Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Get outta your mind and get outta my way






























Here's some photos from the Wet Nightmare show we did at Fold Gallery the title of the show is taken from a song by The Cramps and the week we were putting the show up, Lux Interior died of a heart attack so the show became a tribute to him. I've been listening to The Cramps since I was a teenager and to this day their hopped up rock'n'roll excites me even when the world seems unutterably dull and tiresome. The doggedly determined ferocity of their last record soothes my overactive brain in less lucid moments too...
'Here lie the bloody gears of a boppin' machine'


6th - 22nd February 2009

Terri Affleck, Aeron Alfrey, Billy Anderson-Barnes (aka Sumocloud), Noémie Barsolle, Dominic Beattie, Zeke Clough, crippaXXXalmqvist, Susan Fitzpatrick, Gaspard Garcia, Judy Goreland, Kez, Jacques Mournault, Jeni Sadler, Guillaume Soulatges, Marc Van Elburg



7 comments:

Aeron said...

The show looks fantastic, goddamn that drawing of yours spread across the wall looks amazing! Someone should hire you to do an STD awareness artwork with a landscape of genitalia abominations chasing someone. Did my print ever arrive at the gallery? I think I'm going to have to go beat the skulls in of some English mailmen.

Uland said...

Dude, you're putting us all to shame. Amazing stuff.
I love the Cramps too!

Gaspard Pitiot said...

Crowd...

Anonymous said...

Thanks chaps, love the STD awareness idea Aeron!
I haven't spoken with Kim recently so not sure if your print arrived, damn shame it didn't make it in time for the show.
Not such a bad idea to beat the skulls of English posties regardless, they are a law unto themselves...
I should know I used to be one, I ended up in casualty twice before being politely shown the door.
-Zeke.

SEAN said...

Kool Krap. I like the pyramids & obelisk(s) with your stuff all over them, & the crowds of people, did you use Microns for those? Anyhow, next time someone is putting together a show, i'd love to take part in it.

zoop!

Anonymous said...

Someone's well and truly messed up my attempt at layout here, the text's all over the bloody place.

Anyways, the pyramids and monolith were done by Dominic Beattie who I keep meaning to invite to join our duck gang here.
Sean, it was very difficult deciding who to invite to take part in the show, the initial theme was 'sexual nightmares' so I invited those duckers whose work loosely fits that theme, namely Aeron, David and Gaiihain,
though by that logic I should've asked RAG also but didn't.
As it turned out though there were a lot of artists taking part whose work didn't fit the bad sex theme at all so I could have invited more duckers anyway.... but I'd already asked too many people, aagh!
If I get chance to curate another show I'm going to be an asshole and have a selection process, it'll no doubt upset people but I think the show'll be better for it.
-Zeke

SEAN said...

Ha ha. I think being an asshole is probably better in all worlds, as long as you're not just doing it to be an asshole! That said, i've never had a sexual nightmare... OR HAVE I?