Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Napkin art from the Japanese trip

I just got back from Japan, and god knows it's a whole world in itself. The floating world is a strange, amazing, alien place. I'm still suffering from a profound case of jet-lag, I managed to assemble some of the napkin art that I drew in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Okinawa. The trip was intense and at times exhausting, but always full of adventure. It looks like we have about 2000 pictures to look through between all of us. Anywho, when I get my shit together I'll post some stuff from the trip.

6 comments:

Paleo said...

take your rest, and those napkins sketches look great! check out my napkins doodles http://monsterwithoutacause.blogspot.com/2007/11/bar-napkins.html

we should start a whole new blog just of drunken bar napkin doodles

Aeron said...

Ha, yeah napkin art. I've got a lot of paper placemats that I used to draw on. Usually dennys eggnpancake plates drawn over to look like mutated faces. Looking forward to seeing pics of the trip. So how was Miyazaki's giant robot statue in person?

Unknown said...

hey paleo,

I like your napkin drawings, they're cool. Yeah, we could start a blog. And we shouldn't forget to invite David Lynch- he's like the 'super-duper' master of napkin drawings. hah.
As far as the museum, it was pretty crazy, over-run with kids acting completely out of control- probably because they were encouraged by the stuff in the museum. All-in-all cool.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see some pics!
Welcome back- Luke

Robert Adam Gilmour said...

Excellent drawings, I'm impressed by what you can summon up out of the blue, maybe the excitement of the place helped?

Unknown said...

Japan is definitly all-inspiring. I draw on napkins as a way of letting my imagination bleed-out a little bit. It relaxes me.