Saturday, April 02, 2011

MEGA MALL III


MEGA MALL III, originally uploaded by SEAN ÄABERG.

Having finally figured out how to incorporate the various aspects of my mission here on earth, I have identified myself as a conceptual artist, who does not believe in the self-imposed safe space that art intentionally limits itself in. Thus, my art expands into reality, not unlike the Constructivist slogan "Art into Life". I have several stages of my conceptual project. Stage one is magazines & printed material. Stage two is radio & TV. Stage three is a boutique. Stage four is an entire mall. Stage five is a city. Stage six is a country. Stage seven is outer space. I imagine that these stages will not necessarily follow each other linearly, but may bounce back & forth. Some may be more or less important than others. My Mega Mall concept is going to be the central focus, the central organizational unit of humanity, which will begin as a small model in a boutique, then expand into an actual mall & then a city as a mall & then a space ship as a mall. I am interested in a total societal makeover, but not as a revolution, instead, as a buy-in to my corporate state.

8 comments:

Human Mollusk said...

It's cool to see you cultivate your insane vision, Sean. Since you love German phrases so much I suggest you appropriate the term "Gesamtkunstwerk".
However, as a realistic societal model your mega mall concept seems to me even more horrific than the world we already live in.

Aeron said...

Something amusing that you could do in the conceptual realm.. Make big cardboard cut outs or paper sculpted structures with color marker drawings or paintings of real life objects, cars, mail boxes, trash cans, whatever and cover the real things with them or just put them in their place. Obviously this would be impossible but it would be awesome to raid a real mall and completely cover it in fantastical structures, fake cardboard stand up creatures and people in the style as in your drawing in the middle of the night for customers to come in the following day and discover.

Uland said...

I think Malls, as social spaces, are pretty cool in concept. It's usually the people and the crap they buy that ruins it. I'd love a Mall where loitering is encouraged. I've got it: Creative Loitering kiosks!
Anyhow, I look forward to reading your propaganda materials, General Sean.
Hope you are doing well too, Fufu!

Uland said...

Oh, Aeron too!

Honestly, I feel bad about how I left this place. I went through a kind of weird period where I was taking religion seriously. I just stick to less didactic fantasy novels these days..
Take care, Ebders!

Aeron said...

Hey Luke! It's great to see you still kicking it around here. You're always welcome back on here, I'd love to see what creative stuff you've been up to.

Human Mollusk said...

Howdy, Luke!

Human Mollusk said...

Who owns the mall? Who controls it? What will they do to protect their interests?
A mall for loitering defeats the purpose, like a prison for free living.

SEAN said...

Fufu. I own the mall, & a council of 13 will control it. To protect my interests I will do what I do now, which is make friends, direct friends against enemies & that sort of thing. My mall plan includes housing units throughout the mall, so loitering will be a general thing, the other concept i have is because the mall is an enclosed environment, it doesn't have to pertain to normal daylight changes or even seasonal changes therefore, it would a 24 hour mall. This especially makes sense in space.