Saturday, October 30, 2010

More failure


Another failed drawing I liked enough to show, because when I try this one again, I dont think those black steel ornaments will be on the window, although I'm very fond of them. I'm kinda glad this one didnt work out, because it really wasnt feeling like a step up and it is obvious by the sloppy sections that I was really losing enthusiasm for it. Who knows what I'll have to do to make this idea work, because it has stuck with me for more than 5 years.

3 comments:

Uland said...

I think the idea is promising. It seems like matters of scale and perspective need nailing down. I can't really tell that it's a window, but only because the bed is at an impossible angle underneath it.

Aeron said...

Something that would be an intriguing concept to emphasize in this is to have the bed appear to partly resemble a coffin. I say this because as it looks now, the window kind of resembles the outside of a hole in the ground, like a ghoulish character looking down on a freshly dug hole in the ground. I wouldn't worry too much about getting a wholly realistic perspective in this because it carries a certain.. cartoonish manipulated sense of space. But If you want it to look like a room and glass window, I suggest looking up photos of rooms with the ideal perspective and emulate that.

Also Robert, do you remember our discussion a few years ago about a horror author who wrote a story involving people on a train who are attacked by black eel thing that I think attached to their bodies? I was trying to remember the n

Robert Adam Gilmour said...

I dont remember anything like that, which is odd because I have a really good memory.