Friday, December 29, 2006

Art Desk ---- A.A

detail of the right side
detail of the left side

Here's an example of the messy space I do a lot of artwork on. It's usually completely free of clutter when I'm drawing the creature features, but I've been doing some painting and that stuff gets everywhere. Ok, I tossed a few of the demon paintings I've been working on across the center. There's a few painting doodles on the left and right, just screwing around with paint. In the upper left you'll see a few toys that keep me company, an Alice In Wonderland related insect, a fire monster and a freshly opened and put together Modulok.

If anyone else can post the areas they do their artwork on, I'd like to see it.

7 comments:

Luke P. said...

This is cool to see. It looks mighty cluttered. I'm amazed you don't have a regular drawing table, considering how much drawing you do.
I'll post pics of mine soon.

Jon Chandler said...

yeah good idea, I want to see them areas.

Modulok plus is that a fire monster from Dungeons & Dragons?

Aeron said...

Yeah I'm holding out on the drawing table until I can find a good one, I've gone through a few that have junked out on me. The fire demon is from some weird 80's toyline, can't remember what it's called. I've actually had that toy since I was a child, goddamn evil looking demon thing made of fire, that's what I'm talking about.

Jon Chandler said...

I had that fire guy too. My grandad used to have an ice-cream van that he went to a US army base with. Those guys had all these cool yanky toys we couldn't get over here, and one day he gave me this big box of D&D type toys. Fire monster was in there. Why so angry mR. Fire Monster?

Aeron said...

I found a thread someone started about my artwork at this messageboard and stumbled across this post, lots of seriously awesome looking toys. http://www.bogleech.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76

I've actually got the one of the rock thing with a wrestler demon, picked it up at Hollywood Mirror in Chicago a few years back. I picked up this other weird toy there that was a combination of skulls, japanes creatures and robot things. The guy that worked there (tall skinny japanese dude who whore Buddy Holly glasses and hairdo and was always wearing a gremlins 2 tshirt) said he made it himself and I had him autograph it.

Anyway, check out this page http://www.thetoyheaven.com/index.php?action=disp_category_contents&category_id=128

Check out the multi headed hydra beast at the bottom! http://www.toyarchive.com/DungeonsDragonsCreatures.html

I blame the fact that I used to have toys like this http://www.toyarchive.com/Dungeons&Dragons/HookedHorror1a.jpg for why I draw what I do.

Aeron said...

Ha, I found the fire thing, it's on this page.. http://www.toyarchive.com/Dungeons&Dragons/PVCBendy/PVCBendy.html

Jon Chandler said...

good research