Sunday, December 31, 2006

Itzamna, Mictlantecuhtli, Tezcatlipoca, Tlaloc

Itzamna is the god of medicine (he just looks like a guy with a staff); Mictlantecuhtli is god of death (looks like a skeleton; he/she/it showed up in an issue of the Invisibles, I think); Tezcatlipoca is the sun god (looks like a jaguar); and Tlaloc is the rain god (he looks like an evil frog/lizard thing).

The date on this drawing is several days after the previous one because I had trouble with it, and it took me several days to do. I was happy with the way it turned out though. I think this is the first drawing in which I used some solid black areas (or as solid black as you can get with ballpoint pen, which isn't very.)



The text says, "I am taking my grandma now." I think that's a reference to my mom; my wife's mother is always "Granny."

Luke's suggested we all label our posts with our names; I'm not going to bother at the moment since all my posts are named after obscure deities, and should be able to follow if anyone wants to do so.....

No comments: